“Of course there must be lots of Magic in the world,” he said wisely one day, “but people don’t know what it is like or how to make it. Perhaps the beginning is just to say nice things are going to happen until you make them happen. I am going to try and experiment.”
― Frances Hodgson Burnett, The Secret Garden
Isn’t that the perfect quote for a post like this?! I reread The Secret Garden in March like I do every year in Spring, to get myself excited and hopeful for the year ahead. Now that I’ve seen green things grow and me with them, we’re moving towards the Summer months. A few blossom trees are still working up blizzards on windy days here, but there are more bees buzzing around and I’ve started thinking of buying a new pair of sunglasses.
The hope and wistfulness of Spring leads us into the joy and fruition of Summer. I’ve started working towards long-term goals and dreams with a new purpose. So what better to keep me in tune with the energy of the seasons than a few timely affirmations?
Affirmations are short phrases you can repeat (preferably aloud) whenever you need to believe something or bring a certain energy into your life. They are saying nice things are going to happen until you make them happen. Let’s experiment!
- I go forward with hope, and see the fruit of my efforts come into reality.
- Each storm I am struck by serves me in illuminating the brighter days ahead.
- I carry my own sunshine. Its light and warmth is with me always, and I share it unreservedly with others.
- The sun ignites my soul and drives me forward. I have all the energy I need from the power it freely gives.
- With the Earth as my guide, I am grounded and bloom where I’m planted. I am adventurous without needing to travel far.
- The euphoria of Summer makes me unstoppable. I am achieving all of my dreams and living the best life I can.
- I know who and where I am. Because the bright days light my path, I cannot lose my way.
- My body feels the full benefit of the Sun’s nourishment. I feel radiant and carry myself with confidence.